Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer work outfit

Yesterday's summer date outfit featured this Tibi striped tank, which costs a pretty penny, especially for a tank top.  Since it's a bit of an investment, let's look at how a piece like this could be worn to work (since, sadly, we all likely spend more time going to work than we do going out to dinner). 
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
One work caveat: I like wearing lots of bracelets, but I find that a bunch of bangles just isn't functional for work: a) you jingle everywhere you go, which at best whispers (and at worst, shouts) "unprofessional;" and b) I always end up taking them off the minute I sit down at my computer because the banging against my desk drives me nuts!  This Leighelena bracelet is a nice balance because it's not hard like a bangle. 

What are your work outfit dos and don'ts?  I love this navy and pink combo, but if brights are on your no-way-could-I-wear-that-to-work list, you could always swap out the pink skirt for a more muted red or yellow, since the pink straps will be hidden beneath the blazer (I'm a huge fan of this J. Crew navy schoolboy blazer, by the way -- I wear it to work all the time, and it comes in tall!). 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...