Monday, February 6, 2012

Here's a good secret.

Happy Monday, everyone.  We had a lovely time in Tampa this weekend, but sometimes traveling over the weekend makes it tough to get going come Monday morning.  I hope you're all starting off the week with a burst of energy, but if you didn't exactly spring out of bed this morning, I'll let you in on one of my favorite Lazy Person Secrets: Psssssst!   

I started using this when I was stressed out and studying for the bar exam, a time where one generally loses the will to do basic human activities like fix her hair and get dressed in the morning.  This is one of the greatest products of our time (although whose time it is in fact of is up for debate -- when my mom saw me using this she was incredulous!  "They still MAKE that??" she said.  Apparently it was hip when she was in high school!). 

Image via This is Not New

If you wake up late and don't feel like washing and styling your hair, this lets you skip shampooing and get right out the door, and gives your hair a great piece-y texture, especially if you have fine hair like mine.  I usually like the way my hair looks on Psssssst! days more than I like it on days when I wash it.  Every girlfriend who I've told about this has later confessed that she loves it.  A work colleague once told me that it changed her life!

There are lots of fancy dry shampoos out there, and I've read that Klorane and Rene Furterer are both excellent (the lovely Jo recommends both).  But for about $6 a can, I've always been more than content with Psssssst!  (And there's an "!" in the name.  How many products can boast that?*)  You can pick up Psssssst! at most drugstores.  It's usually right next to the lice shampoo, but if you can get over that, I bet you'll love it! 

Do any of you already use dry shampoo?  What kind?  How did you start using it?

* I suppose this one does come to mind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...