Thursday, April 4, 2013

Now you never have to leave your couch!

The lovely Brooklyn home of Design*Sponge's Amy Azzarito is featured in the New York Times today, and it is just gorgeous.  Perhaps this says something about my inappropriate love for sitting on my couch, but I thought the most practically fabulous thing in her apartment was her genius couch tray, for keeping her mug of tea and other work accoutrements nearby when she works from home.  And that's saying something, because her house is full of unique, beautiful, vintage things, and she probably never has to say "yeah, I got that from Target."  
Yes, my coffee table is in remarkably close proximity to my couch, but for some reason, once I set my mug there, it's just out of reach when my computer is in my lap (I know.  File under "Get a grip," cross-reference with "Not actually a problem.")  Amy's tray is from Nightwood in Brooklyn.  It doesn't look like it's an in-stock piece (probably custom), but you can get one from Etsy here, or try your hand at rigging up on of your own (for Chicagoans, check out the ReBuilding Exchange for scrap pieces of wood and other odds and ends).  

May you never have to leave the comfort of your sofa again.  Or get cold coffee.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...