Thursday, October 3, 2013

Craigslist shopping

I've got a couple of house projects on the horizon that need to be done on a shoestring budget, so I've been trolling Craigslist lately.  As usually happens, I keep finding stuff I don't need and not finding anything that I'm actually looking for (and also, lots and lots of garbage).  Some of the highlights from the "stuff I don't need category" below; cross-listed with "things that the man you live with is 99% guaranteed to hate."

This dresser itself isn't particularly special for the price, but I'm a little bit in love with the drawer handles.  Repainted in black or shiny green, this would look awesome.    

I never knew I needed a brass trunk.  But I do.  Oh, I do.

Perhaps this one instead.

If you're in the market for a new coffee table, this set of chrome cocktail tables is perfect and CHEAP -- $25!

A crazy (but awesome) Milo Bauhmann leather lounger, anyone?  (This purports to be authentic for $375, which would be a serious steal.)  You need the right place and the right style for this kind of thing, but they look so cool when they're well-placed.

This gray leather nailhead chair would be great for an office.

I could fill this brass bookshelf with all kinds of crazy lady trinkets.

Someone please, please buy this darling loveseat and let me come and visit it.  It's $200.

These Jenny Lind beds would be so cute in a kids' room -- like this one from Domino Magazine (which is BACK as of today!).  

And finally, it wouldn't be Craigslist without some completely weird stuff.  The crown jewel: let's all try not to think about what this JAIL CELL DOOR might be destined for in the future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...