Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Things

Happy second day of spring!  It feels like full-blown summer here in Chicago (I'm not kidding: it was warmer outside last night than some of the days we get in July and August).  I hope it's warm wherever you are* so you can join me in wanting the following spring items.
 
J. Crew Talitha Blouse in Vintage Berry (Oh, how I wish you came in tall.  Although I did try this on in the store, and since the sleeves are supposed to have a little puff/gather at the wrist, they have a bit more length than some other J. Crew blouses.  The body was nice and long as well).  You can see Joy modeling it here.  Isn't her necklace perfect with this top?



Talitha blouse
Available here


Cole Haan Skylar oxfords in pink.  I love these, but I'm not sure I can pull them off just yet.  Any suggestions?

Image via here, available here


Asos lace scallop edge shorts.  At first I was drawn to the minty green color, but I think the navy calms down the lace! and minishorts! and scallops! aspect, don't you?


:
Available here



I have these New Wayfarer sunglasses, which are a bit slimmer and less angled (and thus, less hipster) than the classic Wayfarers, but these Kate Spades caught my eye when I was at Nordstrom picking up a new shirt for my favorite lawyer last week.  (PS: When I took the train to work every day, I hardly ever drove, so I never spent the money to get polarized lenses.  They take away a lot of glare that you can get on your windshield when you're driving.  Now that I drive, I'm glad I spent a little more to get the polarized option, but if I was still an El rider, I'd be fine without.) 

 
kate spade new york 'gayla' oversized polarized sunglasses
Available here


Topshop Denim Shirt (in tall; available in regular and petite too).  A year-round staple.   


Available here


Ivanka Trump Liorah Slingback.  Ivanka does the perfect slim not-quite-kitten-but-not-too-high-heel, at a really good price point.  (Thanks, Ivanka!)  I have these in black, but the coral would be pretty for spring work outfits.

Ivanka Trump 'Liorah' Pump
Available here




Stila Lip Glaze in Raspberry looks scary bright in the tube, but it goes on as a pretty pink that isn't too much.  I know the next big thing is a bright shocking pink, but I just can't.  If you're afraid of it too, this is for you!


Stila Lip Glaze Gloss .08 fl oz (2.4 ml)
Available here



Joe's Jeans The Skinny in nectar.  My St. Patrick's Day crazypants were super comfortable and I'm kind of in love with them.  I scoured the interwebs for a longer-inseam (lower-priced) pair of bright green pants, but most colored denim is cut to hit at the ankle or higher.  These were the longest green pair I could find and they have a 34-inch inseam.  I clearly don't need another pair of the same pants, but I'm sure you do, right?  This color would look lovely for spring and summer (they're pretty lightweight). 


Available here




And BONUS PANTS: these Urban Outfitters BDG Cigarette pants have a 34-inch inseam and come in this mint color that all the fashion blogs are dying over.  For $58!  I may or may not be ordering these.



Image from here, available here





 Happy spring shopping!


*If it's cold, I recommend the North Face "sleeping bag" coat and Sorel Joan of Arctic boots.  I really, really hope you don't need them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...