Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wedding songs

The wedding I went to in Austin in April was wonderful for lots of reasons: the venue overlooked a lake and the outdoor dance floor was covered in twinkle lights, the bride was absolutely stunning, and the toasts were completely heartfelt and touching (I'm talking not a dry eye in the house.  Seriously.  No man, woman, or child escaped). 
Pinned Image
But the music for the outdoor ceremony really stood out because it was so perfect.  The bridesmaids walked down the aisle to Ingrid Michaelson's You and I.
Pinned Image
And the bride and her parents walked down the aisle to The Wedding Song by Angus and Julia Stone, which I'd never heard before.
Pinned Image
The music was so different and just spot on for the people, time, and place.
Pinned Image
We got married in a church, with more traditional music, and I'll never forget standing in the back of the church with my dad (who had just finished serving as my "floor" while I did a couple of standing push ups because my friends said it would make my arms look more toned!) when the doors opened and the trumpets played.  It was incredible. 
Pinned Image
Funny story: I also know someone who wanted to walk down the aisle to the music from the movie Rudy, thinking that it would be the slow, calm music that plays while he contemplates his future.  Instead, she was in the back of the church and heard the super uptempo music that plays when SPOILER Rudy finally gets into a game.  (Hilarious: she said that a ton of guys came up to her later and said that they cried!)
Pinned Image
What about you?  Are you more traditional, or would you prefer a more modern and meaningful-to-you song? 
    
PS: a gorgeous real wedding where the couple danced their first dance to Beyond the Sea.

(All images via Style Me Pretty's Pinterest; photographer credits are (1) coryryan.com, (2) mabyn.com, (3) woodnotephotography.com, (4) mthreestudio.com, (5) uncredited, and (6) ktmerry.com.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...