Friday, June 1, 2012

Champagne in bathtub? YES.

Welcome to June, everyone!  I'm heading to Washington D.C. this weekend for my brother-in-law's birthday party and to visit my in-laws.  He always gives Martha a run for her money when he throws a party, so I'm excited.  He's also excellent kitchen help whenever I've thrown a party, so I hope I get to return the many, many favors I owe him!  (He lived with us for a few months, and aside from his fantastic personality, his domestic skills were part of why we were so sad when our "Dupree" left us!) 

In that vein, he sent me these pictures of the housewarming party of Kevin Sharkey, an editorial director of Martha Stewart Living, a while back and swore that someday, he's having a party like this.  This weekend's festivities are more along the barbecue route, but I'm looking forward to going to this party some time in the future too.  (And hey, since we're going all out, perhaps I'll be wearing this and these while I retrieve bottles of champagne from the bathtub!

Because what else would one use Chanel lipsticks for besides keeping score of one's ping pong match?

(All images from marthastewart.com)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...