Thursday, June 28, 2012

How I Met Your Mother

Thanks to the wonder that is Netflix, I have been on an absolute tear through How I Met Your Mother in the last couple of weeks.  I've never watched it before, but the promises that were made to me about how people "my age" would think it's hilarious have proven correct.  (And it's funny to see Jason Segel in action before he was the kind of movie star that he is now).  Even though it bears almost no resemblance to Sex and the City, watching these guys hang out at "their bar" is eerily similar to watching the girls at "their diner," and has a way of making you wish fervently that you had that much time on your hands to hang out with your friends. 

It's been a while since I've watched a half hour sitcom, and without commercials, the episodes are just over twenty minutes.  Perfect for dish-washing or laundry-folding distraction.

Are you watching anything funny these days?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...