Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer bags

Now that June is upon us, I've been feeling a serious hankering for summer bags: lighter, cooler, and airier than their winter counterparts.  Roomy enough for day-long adventures because it's too nice to stay inside, nice enough for a day of errands and shopping, but not so fancy that it couldn't go to the pool or the beach if the opportunity presented itself.  Sound familiar?  Here are a few that I've had my eye on.

Baggu small leather tote ($120).  I love that this has no hardware at all -- no muss, no fuss.  Perfect for the  summertime.
Poketo linen and leather adjustable length tote ($58).
Zara Linen Shopper ($49.90).
Hansel from Basel Polka Dot Bag ($32)
Cole Haan Jitney Colorblock Tote ($98).
Lands' End Canvas 1963 Washed Tote ($50).
Fishs Eddy Bicycle Tote in Canvas ($24.95).  I got this on my New York trip to carry to the gym -- I love how cheery it is (which I sure as hell need when I'm on my way to the gym).


Sea Bags for J. Crew Medium Tote ($150).  It's made out of old sails -- how cool is that?  Unfortunately, so cool that these are sold out online, but I've seen them in stores, so if you're in love, might be worth a few phone calls.
Shiraleah Heavy Duty Beach Mare Tote ($59.95).
Madewell Bungalow Stripe Caravan Mailbag ($88).
What do you look for in a summer bag?  It appears that stripes are high on my list.  How about you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...