Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ready or not, it's just around the corner.

I might be in the minority, but I hate how the Christmas season now starts in October.  (Ever heard of Thanksgiving, Target Christmas commercials that have been airing for the last month?)  I'm firmly in the camp of waiting to start Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.  Whenever I see one of these signs at Nordstrom, I want to high five the window.  

The trouble with this approach is that I never start my Christmas shopping until then.  An invariably stressful couple of weeks follow and I end up spending too much on gifts that aren't that great.  So this year, I've made a year-long effort to keep an eye out for things that might make good gifts, with the hope that I won't be panic-overnight-shipping all of my presents.  Two fun things that popped onto my radar: these boys' and girls' grab bags by Of A Kind, the site that sells limited edition runs of products by emerging independent designers.  
 Everything feels like it's so special and interesting, even though the bags do include things like soap and candles (which, let's face it, usually speak the international gifting language of "I didn't have a clue what to get you so I got you something really not personal.  Sorry!").  But with all the other cool goodies in these bags, even those little things seem thoughtful and fun.  

Get them here and here; regular-sized bags are $45 and jumbo bags are $95. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...