Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Working on my fitness (sort of).

I am a horrendous exerciser.  a) I just don't really like it that much; and b) (this is so lazy and shameful) I hate showering.  So then I just don't exercise, because committing time to something you don't like in the first place which in turn requires you to do something else you don't like afterwards is a skill of adulthood I have not mastered.

This is not sustainable.  Enter: the Seven Minute Workout.  12 exercises, 30 seconds each, with a 10 second break in between.
You can do this in your house.  It takes, from start to finish, seven minutes, and even I have to admit that I surely have time for THAT.  In sum, it's over once it starts, so you don't even really have time to quit in the middle -- by the time you decide to give up, you're done.  Are you going to lose tons of weight?  No.  Will you get ripped?  I can't imagine that you will.  But for someone like me, who adheres to a "shopping is my cardio" lifestyle, this works.   

I also dipped a toe into the world of Flywheel lately, for a friend's birthday party.  It's hard, but a lot of fun -- they play awesome music and it's a serious workout.  I personally found using the bike a bit  awkward for someone as tall as I am, but it wasn't impossible.  And I discovered this mashup of I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Last Friday Night, and Feel So Close, which is my new favorite workout song.
Workout gear tip for tall ladies: I abhor their rigid return policies and general attitude towards customer service, but Lululemon makes maddeningly good workout stuff, including a pair of leggings that are designed to be worn over people's feet while they do yoga.  The upshot of this is that they're super long, so if your'e looking for a pair, check out the Wunder Unders.  And if you're looking for cropped pants that aren't too short, try these

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...