Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall Uniform

Fall is upon us, and even though cooler temperatures haven't hit yet, now that the calendar says September, I get to look forward to wearing my favorite outfit.  It's a little bit shameful how often I'm wearing a variation of this, but I like it so much I don't care.  Should you see a very tall girl running around Chicago this fall sporting this, feel free to say hi, because it's probably me.  
Collection cashmere turtleneck sweater

Collection Nora calf hair ballet flats
large image view
Banana Republic classic belted trench ($198), available in tall, regular, and petite.
J. Crew cashmere turtleneck ($198); or this cowl neck option from Vince that looks really cozy.
Topshop Moto Baxter jeans ($80), available in regular and maternity, although they presently appear to be sold out in petite and tall -- check back, because they're a staple.
J. Crew Collection Nora calf hair ballet flats ($258).  These aren't cheap, but the world of leopard shoes is difficult to navigate: trashy options abound, but these radiate class.  I love them.  For a lower-priced but tasteful option, try these Nine West pointy-toed flats.
Hive & Honey gold studs ($14).
Michael Kors Tortoiseshell watch ($195).
Foley & Corinna Suede City Tote ($425).

Or to mix it up a little bit, try a trench capelet, trouser jeans, a black clutch, and leopard heels.  The beauty of this uniform is that you can make it work for anything.  And while many of the above suggestions are on the pricey side, chances are good that you already have lots of these classic pieces in your closet.  And if you don't, invest in what you can afford, because these are things you'll have and wear forever.

PS: don't forget your little ones! :)
The Westerly Trench - Medium
(Images: top photo by Garance Dore; bottom photos by Stockholm Street Style and The Rover Boutique.)

2 comments:

Shannon Henderson said...

I tried on the Michael Kors Tortoiseshell watch and it blended with my skin to much. However I really liked the look of the rose garden color better.

Tall and Salty said...

The rose gold is pretty! I keep not buying any rose gold because I think that it's going to be "over" soon, but it keeps on keeping on. And it really is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...