Thursday, February 21, 2013

Transitioning from this . . .

. . . to this:
And I'm not going to lie: it's sort of rough.  After a few days in pretty San Diego, I'm back in Chicago and gearing up for what sounds like it's going to be a decent snowfall.  We've been spoiled lately -- six inches sounds like a lot these days, whereas when I first moved here, six inches felt like it hardly even merited a mention by the weatherman.  In preparation, my two most important schlepping-around-on-a-snow-day-essentials:

This long, puffy, North Face coat that makes you look and feel like you're wearing a sleeping bag . . . 
And these completely waterproof, really warm Sorel boots that I've convinced myself are cute in a Scandinavian-skiing-girl kind of way (lots of fun colors to choose from, too):
So in review:

Cons: California vacation is over and I'm back in the frozen midwest on the eve of a snowstorm.
Pros: winter gear is on sale because it's almost over.  And it's the eve of Oscars weekend!

(Top image is from my Instagram; bottom image by Chicamguy on Flickr.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...