Monday, May 21, 2012

Have you seen this man? (He's likely in your closet.)

Hello everybody, and happy Monday.  I hope your week is off to a good start!  I'm catching my breath after a fantastic trip to New York City (and sort of in that first-day-after-the-end-of-a-vacation-malaise -- it was so fun and now it's over!).  I'll have lots to share about NYC later this week.

In the meantime, check out these clips from the upcoming CNBC program about Mickey Drexler, the former head of GAP and present boss at J. Crew.

There's been a ton of press about Jenna Lyons and how she has turned J. Crew into the brand so many know and love (side note: I've had the pleasure of meeting Jenna in person, and I cannot adequately express how absolutely lovely she is!) but Drexler seems to have his own magic.

And some serious quirk, to boot: at J. Crew's corporate office, there's a loudspeaker installed so that he can speak to everyone whenever he wants, and that he's been known to just call in and say things like "I'm on vacation and everyone's wearing white.  Do we have enough white?" or "Jenna, where are you?  I need you right now!"

Can you imagine?

You can see more clips here, and the whole documentary, J. Crew and the Man Who Dressed America, will air on CNBC Thursday, May 24 at 10 PM Eastern/9 PM Central.  (And here's a bonus interview with the fabulous Jenna.)

Will you be watching?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...