Friday, May 4, 2012

Have a lovely weekend!

So no, I did not run into Pacey at the shop yesterday.  But hey, look who snuck in here:


Pinned Image
Image via here
I hope you all find yourself a smiley, tuxedo-clad umbrella wrangler this weekend.  Tonight, I'm attending a fundraiser for a school that several of my friends work with (along with my own umbrella-wrangler, who is, if you can believe it, even better than Pacey).  Saturday I'm going to attempt to make these carnitas in honor of Cinco de Mayo, to enjoy with a margarita, and perhaps a mint julep in honor of the Kentucky Derby (have you ever been?  I went once -- in 2004, the year that Smarty Jones won -- and it was fantastic.  I was also 22 and didn't mind the infield, the debauchery happening all around me, or the ankle deep mud puddles because of the pouring rain, so methinks my judgment may have been slightly clouded).  Sunday will hopefully be spent luxuriating on my couch. 

What are you up to?  I hope you have lots of fun and/or relaxing things to do, and in the meantime, enjoy the following:



Speaking of my friends who are teachers and educators, check out the Ten Commandments of Teaching.

It's a tights-of-the-month club! (via PureWow)

The bra pocket, while not without its flaws, is a pretty clever idea (I will confess that I've always been jealous of girls who can store things in their cleavage.  It just seems handy).

I swore I wasn't going to do the bright pink lipsI caved.  I hope you can forgive me.

Are you bored at work?  Don't worry, it just means you're cutting-edge and trendy.

Now THAT is a fancy tee-shirt.

What babies know.

At weddings, I love watching the groom when the bride walks down the aisle.  According to this article, I am apparently watching the dude's testosterone levels shoot up before my very eyes, haha.

Feeling lonely?  Maybe you need a huggable pillow phone

If you watch Smash and feel disappointed but still can't stop yourself, you probably need to read this.

Tall and Salty's in-house contributor, who has zero experience with kids, nonetheless predicts that these will be huge.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...