Friday, May 11, 2012

Have a lovely weekend!


girl_with_vintage_teacup
image via here
Happy Friday, friends!  Hope you've had a good week and that a fun weekend awaits you. 

I'm going to a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association on Saturday night, so I have big plans for getting gooooorgeous tomorrow (it takes a while).  We went to this event last year, and the evening was incredibly moving: you can read about it here.  The evening has a lot of personal significance to the friends who invited us, and I'm honored to be going with them. 

Do you have any Mother's Day plans?  Sadly, I won't be seeing my mom this weekend (sniff), but on the bright side, I will see her next week when we meet up for a fun trip to New York City!

This weekend, physically or mentally give your mom a squeeze and tell her how thankful you are for her, and enjoy the following:

The flask pictures at this wedding are hilarious.

Chicagoans: Dose Market is this weekend!

What is a hipster?

A submission from my favorite young man who likes to act old: These guys are a hoot.

Funny and frank marriage advice (via A Cup of Jo).

I would like her tee, her purses, and her dog, not necessarily in that order.

Notes for city dwellers (via swissmiss).

The Kate Spade shower curtains are adorable.

Play-Doh for grown-ups (via PureWow).

These hurt my eyes.

Carey Mulligan's super-sparkly Met Ball dress can be yours (for a nice chunk of change)! (via Racked)

I have a broken vacuum that would certainly benefit from a trip to this very cool repair shop.

She looks beautiful!

Ten pictures you'll be glad you have on your phone.

Someday, these chairs will be mine.

And in honor of Mother's Day, three more links, one terrible, one sweet, and one hilarious:

Husbands/dads: you better get your wife something good for Mother's Day!  (This blows my mind!)

Then and now (via A Cup of Jo).

Postcards From Yo Momma!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...