Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Now that's a shiny table.

I wish I could say I was kidding when I told you that going into it, most of what I knew about law school was gleaned from Legally Blonde.  But sadly, I am not (that is, quite honestly, the only reason that I knew to bring a laptop to class).  But at the ripe age of 23, the one thing I did know was that I would need a gigantic desk for all the studying in my future.  

Enter a white farmhouse-style table that I bought for a whopping $40 from the dearly-departed White Elephant Resale Shop in Chicago.  My then-boyfriend, now-husband, helped me lug it a mile down the street to his apartment, where I promptly painted it a truly hideous shade of bright yellow.  After many hours at that wretched yellow desk, I made it through my 1L year. Since then, it's lived in three subsequent apartments, gone red (in a paint job that made it look like I killed someone in the backyard), and then back to white (in a paint job that almost resulted in me and my brother-in-law killing my husband).

This photo, from Racked's behind-the-scenes look at clothing company Haute Hippie, has me thinking about going a little Golden Girls on my old friend.
HH2.jpg
Isn't this table kind of awesome?  I like the traditional shape in such a crazy finish.  Spray paint magician Jenny of Little Green Notebook recommends Rustoleum's metallic spray paint in brass.  I've used it once before and loved the way it looked -- it's definitely a bit more gold than the name "brass" implies, but I think it would be a great fit for this project.  

But this is a lot of look for a tiny home office, as opposed to a big clothing showroom.  What do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...