Thursday, May 16, 2013

In hot water

Though I hardly have a green thumb, I thought I'd share my one and only plant tip with you today: if you buy hydrangeas (or are lucky enough to have your own plant to trim them from), cut the stems on the diagonal and put them in hot (meaning steaming, fog-up-your-bathroom-so-you-can't-even-see-yourself-in-the-mirror-shower-temperature) water.  They can last for a really long time.  And I haven't tried this trick yet, but apparently you can revive drooping, wilting hydrangeas by putting the stems in boiling hot water.  Who knew?
After I give that a whirl tonight, it's back to Priority Number One: ridding my new basil plant of these horrendous little gnat things.  (It's just as gross as it sounds.)  Anybody have any ideas on what to do?

(Image via my Instagram.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...