Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Anything Could Happen

Given Lena Dunham's sweep of the Golden Globes, I appear to be in the decided minority when I say that I didn't love Girls.  I wanted to think it was fantastic, but I just didn't -- I didn't hate the show, but I couldn't figure out what everyone else saw that I didn't.  It bothered me to the point where I watched the first season over again to see what I was missing.  And then, it hit me: I cannot stand creepy boyfriend (?) Adam.  He just repulses me and I found the way Hannah followed him even worse.  Once I put that aside, I liked it a lot more, and the second season trailer looked a lot more interesting.
It got stuck in my head, too -- thankfully, not because of creepy Adam, but because of the catchy song in the second half, Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding.  Do yourself a favor and listen to the rest of her album, Halcyon (available on Spotify) -- it's great.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...