Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Mystery of the Perfect Shirtdress

I've been playing dress Nancy Drew of late, hot on the trail of what I've decided will be my summer uniform: a lightweight denim shirtdress.  It all started when I tried on this dress a month or so ago...

Pinned Image
Image via here, but available here on sale!
 ...and fell in love with the idea of it.  It's a soft, lightweight denim, perfect for throwing on all summer for all sorts of occasions.  And it's a Diane von Furstenberg -- what wasn't to love?  Turns out, unfortunately, a lot: the fit was all wrong for me (waist too high, neck too low, sides cut WAY too high for polite society) and the price wasn't so hot, either. 

So onward I went, looking for the next best thing.  Here's what I found.  Hope you see one that will work for you!

Madewell Chambray Shirtdress

Pinned Image

GAP Chambray Pleated Bib Dress

Pinned Image


J. Crew Workwear Shirtdress

Pinned Image

Bellatrix Chambray Shirtdress
Pinned Image

GAP 1969 Chambray Pintucked Dress
Pinned Image

Tory Burch Brigitte Denim Dress
Pinned Image

Tibi Denim Shirtdress
Pinned Image


Ann Mashburn Chambray Shirtdress  (you can read more about Ann Mashburn here)
Pinned Image

Pim + Larkin Polka Dot Belted Shirtdress  (it's only $59!)
Pinned Image

Any of these catch your eye?  Do you have any secret sources that I missed?  Here's a good tip: always ditch the flimsy belt that comes with the dress and wear a "real" belt instead.

PS: online searching for a denim dress is fraught with peril.  My eyes may never be the same.  For example, this very pretty lady should sue for being made to look that frumpy.  Eek!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...