Monday, April 2, 2012

Wedding Uniform 2012

Despite having a closet full of wedding-appropriate dresses, the time has come to find this year's incarnation of what I call my Wedding Uniform: a fun dress that can go to weddings big and small, church and outdoor, fancy and not-so-fancy, near and far (without wrinkling too terribly).  Depending on the guest list, I'll work Wedding Uniforms of yore into the rotation, but I find that having a new go-to dress every year or so that I can wear with different shoes and accessories works for me.

First up on my agenda this wedding season is a family wedding in Austin in just under two weeks.  Should you find yourself looking for a similarly magical garment, here are a few that I've been eyeing (you can see more options here on my Pinterest).  I seem to be feeling the bright colors this go-round.  Can you tell?

I think this one is the winner so far.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Sienna Dress

This color will always remind me of this Michelle Williams Oscar dress (doesn't that picture just break your heart a little bit?  Also: Jason Segel?  I find this is SO intriguing.  Okay, back to the dresses.  Seriously).

Diane Von Furstenberg Shayna Dress

The back of this dress is really beautiful, but I'm a bit worried about the fit being a little wonky with that 
elastic belt in the back. 
Diane Von Furstenberg Tamika Dress

This is allegedly a bridesmaid dress, but it doesn't strike me as one.  I think the dress on its own could be lovely.  (Check out these cute bridesmaids in stripes, via A Cup of Jo.)

ML Monique Lhullier Lace Overlay Sheath

What's your wedding guest MO?  Do you like to switch things up, or do you find something that works and stick with it?  I know there are lots of fans of Rent the Runway, but I didn't have a great experience the one time I tried it.  Has it worked for you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...